Textbook Rental Program
Per the recent referendum that was overwhelmingly passed by the student body, Madison College will be implementing a full textbook rental program beginning with the summer 2019 semester!
All degree credit students and developing education students will be charged $7.00/credit as a supplemental fee added to their tuition bill. The goal of the rental program is to remove the financial barrier that the cost of textbooks has become. Rental also aims to provide DAY 1 access to textbooks, contributing to student success. This program will provide most core textbooks to students at no additional charge. Exceptions will be Items that are one-time use, such as workbooks, lab manuals, most access codes, and most books under $20.00. These items still need to be purchased in addition to the rental fee.
Can I renew my rental????
Rental renewals will only be granted if you are enrolled in a course for the upcoming semester that is using the same rental book.
Rental renewals are closed for fall.
How do I return my rental book???
1. You can return your rental books to any Madison College location that has a rental drop box (during open building hours).
- Commercial Avenue-Lobby
- Fort Atkinson-Lobby
- Goodman South-Across from the Welcome desk below the stairs
- Truax-Health Building-1st floor near the main stairs
- Truax-Main Building-Bookstore (sliding glass door)
- Truax-Main Building-Gateway-Near Welcome Center (only during rental returns period)
- Truax-Protective Services Building-near the elevators
- West-Near Main Office
2. You can return your rental books to the Truax Bookstore counter during regular business hours.
3. You can return your rental books via mail (must be post marked by the due date):
Madison College-Truax Bookstore
1701 Wright St.
Madison, WI 5359
How to checkout your rental textbooks
It's up to you to rent your books for each of your classes. Visit us on campus or online to get started.
- Bring your One Card or another form of photo identification and your student ID number at the time of rental.
- All rental textbooks are linked to your account.
- If we run short on books, we'll obtain additional copies but that may take several days. So be sure to pick up your books before classes start.
- Keep a copy of your emailed or paper receipt.
- You may only check out books for classes that you are actively enrolled in.
Have additional questions? Click here to view the frequently asked questions.