Textbook Rental Program
All degree credit students and developing education students will be charged $7.00/credit as a supplemental fee added to their tuition bill. The goal of the rental program is to remove the financial barrier that the cost of textbooks has become. Rental also aims to provide DAY 1 access to textbooks, contributing to student success. This program will provide most core textbooks to students at no additional charge. Exceptions will be Items that are one-time use, such as workbooks, lab manuals, most access codes, and most books under $20.00. These items still need to be purchased in addition to the rental fee.
The new spring 2020 textbook rental return date will be July 10, 2020.
Can I renew my rental????
Rental renewals will only be granted if you are enrolled in a course for the upcoming semester that is using the same rental book.
Rental renewals must be requested before the due date for the semester to avoid additional charges.
If you would like to renew your rental please email the bookstore ([email protected]), include your serial number and student ID number as well as first and last name.
How do I return my rental book???
1. Return them by July 10, 2020 to any outdoor drop box at the following locations
Drop boxes are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will be emptied on a regular basis.
2. Mail your rental books back to the bookstore, make sure the package is post marked by July 10, 2020
Madison College Truax Bookstore
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704
How to checkout your rental textbooks
It's up to you to rent your books for each of your classes. Visit us online or call 608-246-6016 through August 1st.
- Please provide your student ID number and textbooks you will be needing.
- Your class numbers will identify the books required for your classes.
- All rental textbooks are linked to your account.
- If we run short on books, we'll obtain additional copies but that may take several days.
- Keep a copy of your emailed receipt.
- You may only check out books for classes that you are actively enrolled in.
Have additional questions? Click here to view the frequently asked questions.